Saturday, August 23, 2008

Jimmy hat

Here's that project from nearly two years ago. Somehow I have a knack for knitting projects that come out looking suggestive. For instance, my pretty pink Malabrigo turtleneck shrug looks like a pair of crotchless chaps when it's not worn. Anyhow here's my giant pink, um, hat.


Before felting it was just this mammoth piece of sport weight alpaca. Those markings on the board underneath are inches by the way. It practically just needed some sleeves, because I really felt like for all that knitting I should have come out with a sweater (or something more substantial) instead of a hat. Luckily, it turned out to be super cute (and also the warmest hatI've ever worn). I am also fortunate (especially with my tiny kitchen and lack of domesticity) to have a Pyrex bowl that's just the same size as my head. Only a knitter would find serendipity in the fact that their head resembles a rose tinted bowl. 




For those with cats, Blixa rated this projects as two paws up. The scent of wet alpaca is extra special to cats. He visited it frequently while it was drying. 

3 comments:

Amy said...

Hey lady! There's a blast from the past with that project. :) Glad you're finding free stuff to do!

Shorty said...

So glad to see that while I'm away I can keep up with you.

Love that hat! I remember seeing you in it and thinking it was perfect.

Miss you guys! Keep posting so I don't loose track!

S.

Barbara said...

I'm loving the hat, it reminds me of my next hat project: the "chic clochet hat" from The Elegant Knitter.